September 4, 2010

Teen no more, the boy becomes a man.

Let's imagine that's the womb of my mom :)
Today marks the start of my 20th year of living in this ill-fated but still wonderful world and the end of my 10 year roller coaster ride in the "TEEN" years. It's been 20 years since my name registered in this world. September 4, 1990. The day my mother thought she will die giving birth to me.

Today I woke up around 6:30am, it was weird cause I didn't set an alarm, so greetings in the house came like happy birthday this and that. I told them that I won't celebrate my birthday on my birthday but the next day, cause tomorrow is Sunday and that meant family day.

So around 11:30am I went to the mall by myself to buy things I needed using the gifts given to me. I bought things that I needed the most like a portable external hard drive that I badly need because the files in my laptop are eating up the space especially the movies and music videos I downloaded. Then I bought new leather shoes, it was just about time cause the shoes I was wearing during the past 4 months were broken, there's a hole on the side (my feet gets wet every time it rains, ah! the dilemma of a commuter) It wasn't that expensive though, a 3 digit pair would do for me after all, I'm a commuter. Then up next was a Gola bag, I have an addiction with shoulder bags and the most important thing I bought, I downloaded new games to my PSP!

Ah! It's been crazy being a "TEEN" 
After those things I treated myself to movie, I watched "Despicable Me" the movie was fun and cuddly cute to the highest level! A must watch in 3D. I'm not a spoiler so I'll stop right now.

I spent my birthday mostly in the mall, from 12pm-5pm and believe it or not, I was alone just walking around that little 3 floored mall I always go when I want to watch a movie, play cheap XBOX 360 rental and of course, the silence of the mall (It's one of the most quiet because there's only hundreds who go there)

The most noisy kid during the past 10 years celebrated his birthday with absolutely no one to talk to. Ironic, and I didn't throw a party, cause I just don't, no explanation, I just don't wanna drink if it's my birthday. Yeah I'm weird, there's always a different perspective in all subjects and topics of life for me.

I want to say thanks to all who greeted me! I couldn't thank you all because over 200 people greeted me! It meant a lot to me for you to remember ( well credit goes to FACEBOOK for reminding them! )

I think I'm really old because I'm starting to Love the silence and peace of mind. I like to put this little poem I found in the net, It didn't have a name after it but I love it, it's totally the perfect way to thank everyone.


To those of you who laughed at me, thank you.


Without you I wouldn't have cried.





To those of you who just couldn't love me, thank you.


Without you I wouldn't have known real love.





To those of you who hurt my feelings, thank you.


Without you I wouldn't have felt them.





To those of you who left me lonely, thank you.


Without you I wouldn't have discovered myself.





But it is to those of you who thought I couldn't do it;


It is you I thank the most,
Because without you I wouldn't have tried.


THE JOURNEY CONTINUES...





No comments: